We welcome comments submitted in response to articles and other material posted on the Rochester Beacon site. As noted in Our Mission, we aim to “foster open-minded discussion of important social, economic and political issues, providing a forum for diverse voices.” To do so, we have established the following rules. By submitting content to be posted on our site, you are consenting to these rules:
1. You agree not to misrepresent your identity or affiliation, or to impersonate others.
2. You agree not to submit abusive or otherwise inappropriate comments or material. Such content includes but is not limited to material that is libelous or defamatory; is obscene; is hateful or intended to harass; infringes upon or violates copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights; contains advertising or commercial solicitation; violates an individual’s right to privacy; contains language that degrades others on the basis of disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion or sexual orientation; and violates any law.
3. You agree that you bear full responsibility for the content that you submit. You indemnify the Rochester Beacon Inc. and its officers and employees in regard to any losses, damages or costs that may result from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
4. You agree that the Rochester Beacon Inc. is not responsible for any user-submitted content and that the Rochester Beacon Inc. has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and, without consent, to block, remove or edit any content deemed inappropriate.
5. You agree that the Rochester Beacon Inc. reserves the right to rescind your privilege to post content on this website.
6. You agree to waive any rights you may have in the event content you submitted is edited or altered without your consent.
7. You grant to the Rochester Beacon Inc. a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide license to use any content you submit to this website. In addition, you grant to the Rochester Beacon Inc. the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute and otherwise use such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.