Fostering the next generation of entrepreneurs will be the focus of the Rochester Beacon’s first event this year, slated for March 31.
Growing Pathways to Entrepreneurship will be hosted by Rochester Institute of Technology’s MAGIC Center. The event’s panelists will share their entrepreneurial journeys and discuss the ways Rochester can identify and nurture pathways to entrepreneurship—helping students and early career professionals gain experience and expertise in starting ventures.
NextCorps, a catalyst for entrepreneurship in the Rochester area and Finger Lakes region, is the presenting sponsor of the event. The Rochester Area Community Foundation is a silver sponsor.
The discussion will be introduced and moderated by Alex Zapesochny, publisher of the Rochester Beacon and co-founder of iCardiac Technologies and Clerio Vision.
The panelists are:
- Sam Cammarata, co-founder and co-owner of Aesthetician Labs, an artist-owned video game collective. Cammarata is an RIT Gap Year Fellow.
- Luis Carrasquillo, president and CEO of Munchie’s Mpanadas. Carrasquillo was a winner of the inaugural RIT Center for Urban Entrepreneurship’s business pitch contest.
- David Fuehrer, co-founder and CEO of GRYT Health, a global oncology platform that connects cancer patients and caregivers with others to help advance the treatment, care and experience of those affected by cancer.
- Thuan Pham, founder of Phamiliar Technologies, a firm that focuses on streamlining commercialization of technologies in health care and life sciences.
- Becca Post, founder and CEO of Helen & Gertrude, a social and media marketing agency that balances creative ideas with data.
The March 31 event will be held at RIT MAGIC Spell Studios’ Wegmans Theater at 300 Lomb Memorial Drive in Rochester. The free event will begin at 5 p.m. with networking followed by the panel discussion at 5:30 p.m. Register for the event here.
For additional information, email [email protected].